Sunday, October 13, 2013

Learning Journeys: The Promise and Perils of Online Education

About three years ago, I received this completely random email from Pooja who was wanting to meet and talk about this thing called Piazza. I have to admit, I was extremely skeptical and actually forwarded it to the professor I was TA'ing for at the time. His advice was to meet with her, so I did, and later sent him this in an email "I met with her today and Piazza is amazing!".

I was very excited when I found out that not only was Piazza a success but that Pooja was going to be a guest speaker at GHC this year. Having met with Pooja in the beginning, it was amazing to see how she and Piazza have grown! It's not everyday that someone is able to witness something so impactful from the beginning. There were at least a couple people in the audience who had the privilege of meeting Pooja in the beginning of her adventures as well.


Don't forget to check out the notes on the wiki: Invited Technical Speaker -- Pooja Sankar

No comments:

Post a Comment